Today’s online social community websites are the word-of-mouth generation stations of the Internet. Facebook, the largest of the category has become more than a good place to be. Businesses absolutely must create and maintain a presence as soon as possible.
Most businesses yearn for free marketing and branding opportunities. Mentions in the press (provided they are positive) can be like an unexpected tax return. As the Internet continues its evolution, the tools and online communities being created are providing businesses with new and expanding capabilities to get their messages out to targeted consumers for little to no money.
How is this possible? Take the social media phenomenon known as Facebook. With hundreds of millions of members, the customers a business is looking to attract very likely exist within the confines of this social community. The question now becomes how to use the tools provided by Facebook in order to maximize business effectiveness.
The following list of six reasons most businesses should use Facebook are by far not all the motivations for-profit entities need to establish their presence within the community. Once the interactions start happening, making sure to maintain the company presence should also be high for the online marketing manager of the business.
6 Arguments For Business Presence on Facebook
- Direct Customer Interactions: The medium for connecting directly with ones business clients has never been easier than since Facebook developed the ability to create business pages which provide the tools and opportunities to facilitate business to consumer conversations. With this power, however, comes the caution of diligence. In order for the community of existing and potential customers to believe what the business has to say, it must speak authentically, often, and to the people not down at them.
- Raising Visibility: With a little time and effort, building eye-catching Facebook pages or applications can be the company’s gift to the community. Even with the overwhelming volume demanding viewer’s time, attractive and entertaining pages usually are a hit and end up getting fans by the thousands.
- SEO Advantages: Facebook pages are continuing to climb in the rankings of search engines like Google. While the PageRank won’t flow directly from Facebook to your website, the traffic will. Create attractive, effective pages and watch as the search engines funnel free, highly motivated traffic indirectly to your desired online destination.
- Low Cost, Highly Targeted Ads: Hundreds of millions of users means many hundreds of millions of page views. Facebook is continually developing advertising opportunities for its business users. Just a little attention and effort, combined with small amounts of advertising budget can produce amazing results of highly targeted web viewers who can get directed to the company’s Facebook page and then on to its website.
- No Cost Marketing Opportunities: Simply using the free, built in tools Facebook provides can amount to a most powerful arsenal for the online business marketer. One of the keys here is steady, regular interactions. Additionally, ongoing content updates, and taking the time to talk earnestly with any community member who takes the time to weigh in will win points and appearances far beyond traditional advertising mediums.
- Niche Targeting: Paid advertisers have access to an amazing amount of detailed information about community members. Simply using the access to the demographics is worth much more than will be paid in order to place ads into the Facebook advertising system.
At the end of the business day, it simply makes sense to add a Facebook page to the company’s online marketing strategy. Regardless of how expertly designed and developed the company website is, the chances of it coming to the attention of hundreds of millions of visitors is slim. Create a Facebook presence, feed the business website information on a regular basis, and then watch a healthy back flow of visitors from the social community into the destination of choice.
- Identify your Annoying Facebook Friends from High School Infographic (infographicsshowcase.com)
- Top 5 Facebook Fashion Pages for Fashionistas (makethelist.net)
- 5 Ways Social Media Has Changed Marketing Campaigns (mashable.com)